Pregnancy and Covid-19
If you as a pregnant woman get a POSITIVE test for Covid-19, you must contact your midwife the same day. On weekends or holidays you call directly to the Labour ward in Lund or Malmö 0771-111 888
About COVID-19 and pregnancy
Pregnant women should take extra precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19.
If you are pregnant
It is important to avoid getting infected prior to giving birth because a respiratory infection towards the end of the pregnancy can be difficult and might imply risks to the pregnant woman. We recommend that pregnant women take extra precautions from week 36 and follow our recommendations thoroughly. This includes:
- Avoid contact with people who are ill.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep your distance from others both indoors and outdoors.
- Avoid gatherings in public places, for example buses, restaurants and shops.
- Avoid parties, funerals, christenings or weddings where many people gather.
If you are pregnant and at risk for severe illness
The risk of getting seriously ill increases for pregnant women with risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure or diabetes. Therefore, if this applies to you, be extra careful. Consult your midwife or doctor and limit close contact with people outside your household as much as possible.